Daniel K. Simmons, M.S., SHRM-CP Summary Daniel Simmons joined the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sanford/Lee County as the executive director in July 2015. Upon the merger of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sanford/Lee County and the Boys & Girls Clubs of Eastern Piedmont, Daniel became the CEO of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Carolina in October 2016. The organization currently serves well over 1,000 children per year in Lee and Chatham Counties. As of April 2018, plans are underway to open a Boys & Girls Club program in Harnett County.
“My heart is with the children in our communities who need us the most: those who are food insecure; those who suffer from physical and emotional abuse, neglect, and abandonment; and those who live with a single parent. I am keen on our organization being a significant part of the support system for children in our communities for nourishment, character and emotional development, and career development. I am absolutely convinced that our program and our staff are the best resources available for our children. Period.” - Daniel
- Chief Executive Officer, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Carolina, 2015-Present
- Adjunct Instructor, HR Management, Central Carolina Community College, 2015-Present
- Master of Science, Human Resources Management, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Bachelor of Arts, Music & Business Administration, Winthrop University
- SHRM-CP Certification, Society for Human Resource Management
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Court-Appointed Special Advocate for Children (Guardian ad Litem), 2017- Present
- President, Sanford Rotary Club, 2018-2019
- Member- Board of Directors, Sanford Area Chamber of Commerce, 2016-2019
- Member, Central Carolina Society for Human Resource Management
- Wine tasting and vineyard touring with his wife, Jessica
- Performing on trumpet with the Lee County Community Orchestra, freelance performing in the area, and teaching trumpet lessons
Tonya Newell began interning for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sanford in August of 1997. She began working for the organization in December of the same year. Through the years she has worked many different positions: art director, education director, health & life skills director, unit director, director of operations, grant coordinator. She has served as the director of administration for the past 12 years. Tonya holds two bachelor degrees. One degree is in human services and the other in biblical studies. She has been married for sixteen years and she has four children. She attends Christian Faith Ministries Church in Sanford. Her passions are God, family, church, and the children in our communities.
In June of 2017, Jacob accepted the role as Marketing & Resource Development Coordinator. He oversees the marketing efforts of the organization and serves as the head of the Marketing and Communication Committee as well as coordinates the resource development activities to fulfill the organization’s mission of serving local youth. Prior to this role, Jacob worked as the district sales manager for Paxton Media Group and spent several years on Active Duty in the United States Army. Jacob has a Bachelor of Science in Sport Management from North Carolina State University and a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing Management from Syracuse University. When not working, Jacob can be found spending time with his family or coaching a local youth track & field club.
“I love walking through the Club doors and seeing all the smiling faces. Every time I walk in, I get a deeper understanding of the impact we have on our youth”