Our Commitment to Safety
Your kid’s safety is our priority.
Child Safety is Job Number One.
The Safety and Well-being of Young People is Our Number One Priority.
We work every day to create a safe, fun environment so kids can have every opportunity to be successful in life. We have ZERO tolerance for inappropriate behavior of any kind, including child sexual abuse or misconduct, and we put resources behind that stance.
- Mandatory reporting of all allegations of abuse.
- Robust background checks on all employees and volunteers.
- A dedicated Child Safety Committee on our Corporate Board of Directors to guide our organization’s safety efforts.
24-hour Toll-free Child Safety Hotline
Mandatory Background Checks
Required Immediate Reporting
Mandatory Annual Safety Assessments
Mandatory Employee Reference
Partnering Together to Create Safe Communities
State and Local Laws:
We comply with federal, state and local safety laws, including those impacting facilities and vehicles.
- National Child Safety Advisory Task Force, made up of leading experts and organizations.
- Blue Ribbon Task Force, comprised of local Club leaders charged with providing input on the safety direction and key safety initiatives.
- Mental Health First Aid, a national program that teaches skills to recognize and respond to signs of mental illness and substance abuse.
- Crisis Text Line, a confidential text message service for youth in times of crisis.
- Harnett County Sheriff’s Office
- Lee County Sheriff’s Office
- Chatham County Sheriff’s Office
- BGCA has advocated the passage of the U.S. PROTECT Act, which improved background screening systems and access. The national organization has also partnered with the FBI, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and the Centers for Disease Control to contribute to the development of safety practices that benefit ALL youth-serving organizations.